Welcome to Peace Preschool
We are very pleased that you are interested in our preschool. We are a Christian preschool that has been serving Pickerington and the surrounding area for over 16 years. Our qualified, dedicated and loving staff is eager to serve you during these formative years of your child’s development.
Peace United Methodist Church Preschool serves children 3 to 5 years old on a part time basis. We offer a morning preschool session and an afternoon session. Peace Preschool is in session from September through May. Our preschool is part of the outreach ministry of Peace UM Church. Our preschool is fully licensed by the state of Ohio. It is inspected and regulated by the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services.
2022 - 2023 Preschool Online Registration Dates:
February 7th- Previous families and Church Families
February 14th — Open Registration
Due to the pandemic in person registration will not be available. You may register by the following ways:
- Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted about payment of the registration fee.
- Mail your completed form and check or money order made out to Peace UMC Preschool to the following address:
Peace UMC Preschool
235 Diley Road North
Pickerington, OH 43147
- Guide your child through the preschool years by modeling Christian attitudes and values; for we believe spiritual behavior is more caught than taught.
- Provide readiness skills at the child’s developmental level to help him with success in the early childhood school setting.
- Work together with parents to provide a positive preschool experience for their child.
|2022-2023 Class Offerings||Peace Preschool||Cost|
|3-4 Year-Old Classes (must be 3 by August 1)||Tuesday & Thursday 9:00-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-3:00 p.m.||$125 per month|
|4-5 Year-Old Classes (must be 4 by August 1)||Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-3:00 p.m.||$160 per month|
|4-5 Year-Old Classes (must be 4 by August 1)||Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00-11:30 a.m.||$160 per month|
|4 1/2 - 5's Class (must be 5 by February 1, 2023)||Monday-Thursday 12:30-3:00 pm||$175 per month|
Peace UMC Preschool offers a variety of schedules to meet the diverse needs of families in the Pickerington area. Our classes have a low teacher to student ratio. In the 3’s and 4’s class the ratio is 2 teachers to 12 students. The ratio for the 4’s and 5’s class is 2 teachers to 14 students. Peace teachers are some of the finest early childhood educators in the area. All lead teachers hold a Bachelor’s degree or a CDA. All lead and assistant teachers are trained in CPR, First Aid, Communicable Disease and Child Abuse. Also, they annually attend Early Childhood Seminars, or classes. Parents are encouraged to participate in the classroom. Children love to have their parents come and read to the class or help out with a special craft.
All students must be potty trained. Preschool assessments and Parent Teacher Conferences are held in February for the 4’s and 5’s. The 3-4 year old classes are held in May.
A Look at our Daily Schedule:
Arrival and name recognition activities
Learning Centers & Activities:
Language | Art | Math | Dramatics | Science
Blocks | Small Motor | Library & Listening
Bible Time and Goodbye
Children take turns bringing snacks for their class – all snacks must be store-packaged and nut free. (No homemade goodies … sorry!)
Overview of Our Curriculum
Our curriculum is in line with the early childhood content standards to give readiness skills to be successful in the kindergarten classroom. Our curriculum is taught thematically. Each month there are certain topics or themes which are incorporated into our hands-on learning centers and whole group times. Children learn best by hands-on- experiences. We want to foster a love for learning and every child is unique.
About the Staff
The Preschool staff is trained to provide a safe environment for young children. All lead teachers hold a degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Their technique of handling children in a warm, sensitive and loving manner will encourage the development of the “whole child.” The entire staff is persons who see themselves as doing ministry by being positive role models for young children.
Teachers have taken classes in CPR, Communicable Diseases, First Aid & Child Abuse Recognition. They annually attend Early Childhood Conferences, or classes. Peace Church follows a Safe Sanctuaries Policy which states that all of our staff must have a current background check.
Academic Overview of Preschool Program
- Ten Primary Colors — 3’s/4’s
- First Name Recognition — 3’s/4’s
- Last Name Recognition — 4’s
- What’s Missing — 3’s/4’s
- Likeness/Differences — 3’s/4’s
- Positional Words — 3’s/4’s
- Opposites — 3’s/4’s
- Says the Alphabet — 3’s/4’s
- Alphabet Letter and Sound Recognition — 4’s
- Rhyming Words — 4’s
- Writing Names — 4’s
- Phone Numbers — 4’s
- Four Basic Shape Recognition — 3’s/4’s
- Rote Counting — 3’s/4’s
- One to One Correspondence — 3’s/4’s
- Sorting — 3’s/4’s
- Quantitative Concepts — 3’s/4’s
- Patterns — 4’s
- Progression of Sizes — 4’s
- Money Recognition — 4’s
- Time Recognition — 4’s
- Self-Awareness — 3’s/4’s
- Family, Friends, and Feelings — 3’s/4’s
- Community Helpers — 3’s/4’s
- Holidays — 3’s/4’s
- Government — 3’s/4’s
- Man and Globe — 4’s
- Weather — 3’s/4’s
- Seasons — 3’s/4’s
- Senses — 3’s/4’s
- Health and Safety — 3’s/4’s
- Animals — 3’s/4’s
- Plants — 3’s/4’s
- Magnets — 4’s
- Weight and Measurement — 4’s
- Says Short Group and Echo Prayers — 3’s/4’s
- God is Their Creator — 3’s/4’s
- God Made Them Special — 3’s/4’s
- Jesus is Their Friend and Loves Them — 3’s/4’s
- Sing Simple Bible Songs — 3’s/4’s
- Demonstrates Good Listening Skills — 3’s/4’s
- Follows Directions — 3’s/4’s
- Shows Kindness — 3’s/4’s
Preschoolers daily take part in activities that promote large and small motor development.
Preschoolers have opportunities to work with a variety of medium. The children are encouraged to create their own unique works of art. Through art the preschoolers will improve their fine motor skills. The focus of art is on the process rather than the product.
Preschoolers are given the opportunity to sing, play instruments, listen and move to music.