At Peace Church our passion is in serving those around us. There are many ways for your to serve, right here in our community. Through the support of Peace Church, our outreach to the Columbus area has grown and we continue to look to the future. We’re learning how to transition our faith into works as we strive to connect with people in need. Our goal is to lessen their physical distress and connect them to Christ to heal their souls through His grace and mercy. As we serve and minister together, we are growing closer to each other, but more importantly closer to our Savior. Join us in being a blessing to others and you’ll receive much more blessing in return! There are many areas you may serve in the community.
Helping Hands – Helping Hands is a medical equipment ministry where we loan durable medical equipment and other types of medical supplies to people in need, at no charge, and as long as needed.
Medical Equipment Ministry
“… open wide your hand to our brother, to the needy, and to the poor in the land”
The Peace UMC Helping Hands Medical Equipment Ministry is …
- Recognizing that we are better together … over 50 servants join hands together to reach out to those in need of medical equipment and hope
- Loaning out durable medical equipment for as long as needed at no charge
- Accepting gifts of medical equipment from individuals, hospitals, nursing homes and other agencies (donations of all items listed below are appreciated)
- Scrubbing & disinfecting equipment by our Scrub Club
- Inspecting equipment by licensed healthcare professionals
- Delivering and picking up durable medical equipment by dedicated and compassionate drivers
- Receiving requests for equipment from individuals, physical therapists, home health care agencies, social workers, local hospitals, Fairfield County Disabilities, Senior Options, American Cancer Clinic and many others
- Stretching our hands even further by donating items to Wheels for the World, Charitable Pharmacy, South American Ministries, and to free Clinics
- Listening to and praying for those we serve
- Giving hope in the form of medical equipment and an opportunity to share the love of Jesus Christ
- Hospital beds (electric only)
- Wheeled walkers
- Canes – straight & quad
- Bed canes
- Bedside commodes
- Shower chairs
- Transfer benches
- Lift Chairs (periodically)
- Rollators (periodically)
- Adult diapers & briefs
- Sock assist/reachers
- Commode risers
- Other miscellaneous items
- (Hospital bed set-up/inspection & training)
The Helping Hands Hospital outreach, working with the John D. Burlie Telephone Pioneer’s Club of America, began in 1989 when the Pioneer’s donated their medical equipment to Peace Church. They continued to pay expenses for the truck and Peace servants did the hands-on part of the outreach. The Pioneer’s donated funds to pay for a portion of our storage building at the corner of Diley and Long Roads. Jim Henson, a member of the Pioneer’s and Peace Church, made most of the contacts and deliveries for nearly 20 years, with occasional help from volunteers. On November 1, 2009, Peace became responsible for the total ministry and it was officially named, “Peace United Methodist Medical Equipment Ministry.” The Pioneer’s donated the panel truck at that time. Our Helping Hands have been meeting the needs of people throughout central Ohio by loaning, delivering and setting up home medical equipment free of charge and to be used as long as it is needed. A team of over 50 servants is needed to make contacts, set delivery/pick-ups, inspect, clean, repair, inventory and deliver the equipment.
Lend your helping hands … contact any of the names below to serve as a truck driver to deliver & pick up equipment; to be a part of our Scrub Club and help clean and disinfect equipment; to help with local and small deliveries; to donate equipment, or to help in any other way.
Contact Coordinator, Linda Hottle, 614-837-4568, firstname.lastname@example.org